Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day at Tonito's school

I got to volunteer at Tonito's Valentine's Day party! It was so fun- I am room mom for both Vivi and Tonito at their other school, but for Tonito's special ESL preschool, I have never been able to volunteer because the hours conflict with Maya's nap, etc. I worked out daycare for the girls this time, and was able to meet his friends and see his awesome classroom (look at how language-rich this class is!). I love watching my kids interact in social situations, especially when they don't realize I am watching. He is learning so much and I have seen a dramatic improvement in his basic skills: counting up to 100, recognizes his letters, and write upper and lower case letters, and has increased his vocabulary tremendously. But most importantly, he is making friends, plaaying nicely, and having fun.

Between this party and the parties at the other school, the kids brought home bags of sugar and stickiness. It was great practice to write their names so many times, and to learn about sharing with friends!

No comments: