Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

China Day at the Museum!


This weekend, we had a family soccer match girls vs boys- I had no idea we were so competitive! The trash talk started in the morning when the kids learned the phrase "you're going down!" and repeated it over and over and over (and over) while jeering and laughing at each other. We made up victory dances, secret handshakes, team names, and went to the field after breakfast. The little kids decided the field was too big to run from one end to the other, and preferred to wait out the ball in the respective areas (while picking flowers and avoiding fire ant hills). The big kids on the other hand were very serious, and soon dripping with sweat. Unfortunately the "pink princesses" did not beat the fierce "dragons," but I must say that I was not as aggressive against my son as a certain person was against my daughter (ahem, Tonio!).
The following day we went to the Art Museum where it was Asia/China Day! The kids watched calligraphers, made their own silk screen charcoal/chalk drawings, watched the dances, and had story time and a scavenger hunt in the Asian galleries.

It was all very cute and the kids had a blast. I wish they could stay little forever!

3 comments:

Heather BT said...

So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Anonymous said...

Precioso blog,desde España un saludo!Verónica.