Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

NY Sister Weekend!


Being tourists in Time Square

Subway sisters

Our beautiful Statue of Liberty (or "Livery" as Vivi says)

Shopping sisters

Crossing over the Brooklyn Bridge


We had a really fun sister weekend in NY visiting Christy and walking around Manhattan and Brooklyn! Emily and I took the Staten Island Ferry past the Statue of Liberty, we walked around Times Square and Central Park, stopped in at the Museum of Natural History and of course the Met (Thanks for the quick tour Colleen- how I wish we had days to explore it!), and saw different neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Manhattan. It was really nice to relax- I even took a bubble bath one day, and read more over these 4 days than I have read in the last year. My favorite part of the weekend was just sitting around and having girl-talks, telling crazy stories, and catching up. It is the first time I have been away from the 3 kids and I really, truly missed their hugs and kisses and the chaos... I'm NOT saying I regret going, just that it felt perfect to come home to their little smiles and arms squeezing me telling me they loved me and missed me.

No comments: