Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sugar and Turkeys

We signed up to bring a Thanksgiving dessert to Vivi's class, and so I googled "Turkey Cookies," and found this: (there is no way I would be able to come up with something like this!)
First we used frosting to stick on the candy corn feathers:
Then stuck the caramels to the ritz cracker for the body, and a whopper on top for the head:

For eyes we used mini-m & m's and the beak is part of a candy corn:
Here's the finished project:

Since Tonito goes to a special ESL preK every day for a couple of hours, and Maya is taking her nap, I try to do something with just Vivi. So here we bought all of these ingredients, worked on the turkeys for a couple of hours, and then I see Vivi scratching her lips and tongue. Can you believe candy corn has eggs!? I thought I had checked all of the ingredients, but I guess I missed that! So we made one turkey especially for her without tail feathers or a beak. Aaaaaagh. That was the whole point of me bringing a dessert, so I could assure Vivi that she would be able to eat one without eggs!!! Despite the featherless turkey, Vivi had a blast making these and I highly suggest them! Can you find the turkey that is egg-free? (where's waldo!?)

Enjoying our turkeys at Vivi's pre-school Thanksgiving feast:

No comments: