Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Little Sous Chefs:)


One of my favorite activities (hobbies?) is to cook. I love to travel also, and whenever we go to another country I wiggle my way into a kitchen and ask them to teach me how to make whatever they are making. I also like cooking at home because for some reason it relaxes me and gives me a break from the craziness. Vivi, and now Tonito, really love cooking too- "mommy, can we cocinar with you??" Sometimes I can't figure out a good little job for them, but many times they help me stir, pour, mash, sprinkle, or mix. Our recent culinary concepts: sweet potato muffins (sweet potatoes mashed by the kids;), English muffin pizzas, and croissant wrap-ups with cheese, ham, broccoli, and sweet apples/cinnamon. I am so happy that Vivi is less picky now that she is getting bigger, and that Tonito and Maya will eat anything! It makes it much easier to let them "help" cook. I think all kids should grow up cooking healthy food!!!

No comments: